Sunday, February 22, 2015

True Confessions from the Heart of HSDD

Here is the raw truth from a woman suffering from HSDD and it is my truth:

Lazy, rainy Saturday afternoon with my hubby, on couch in front of a roaring fire watching hockey game and he starts rubbing underneath my shirt ( will spare you the specifics ) and naturally my body reacts appropriately. (Mine is not an arousal disorder so I disagree with those thinking we need a one stop fix-it-all drug.)

Hydrate, NIPPLY etc...and yet going into the bedroom to have sex is LAST thing on my mind!  
He's wonderfully patient, flirty, and like a kid in the candy store but I mutter something about waiting until later because the kids may walk in...The truth, is he could have continued all day because it felt great but wasn't triggering my brain to WANT or DESIRE sex. Would have tortured him, however, so he stops. That's distress at it's best and painful to be the cause of that.

9pm in bed watching James Bond he starts again...same physical reaction same lack of interest and increased guilt/distress so try to make light and say OK buddy but you're limited to 15 minutes and so it goes....NO psychological reason (he is a prince), no dryness ( remember, arousal is NOT my issue), no pain ( my body responds to sex well ), body reacting perfectly (outwardly)...just no DESIRE.

Stressful? Yes!  

Shameful? Yes!!  

Guilt ridden?  YES!!!

Distressing?  YES YES YES

Grateful for a wonderfully, supportive and loving husband to stand by my side and advocate for me and all women suffering from HSDD.

End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment