Thursday, September 3, 2015

Looking for BAD Amanda

OK, I know the book "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" but my husband recently texted that he was Looking for BAD Amanda - meaning frisky, flirty, initiative and exciting Amanda.

The Amanda he met and fell in love with in 2005.  The Amanda who for years was equally as initiative, frisky, flirty and actively engaged in our sex life.

Of course, we all know that after a few years BAD Amanda left the building for a period of time...and obliging, vanilla Amanda appeared.

2009 - ENTER ADDYI or the FLIBANSERIN TRIAL and BAD Amanda came back home.

2010 meant another hiatus for BAD Amanda and it has been a long 5 years waiting for FDA approval of ADDYI, bantering back and forth with those who do not believe that HSDD is a very real and unmet need among women and waiting for BAD Amanda to reclaim her place in her marital bed.

I continue to hear from women just like me who deeply love their husbands/partners but literally have lost the desire to be intimate.  Not that they don't enjoy being intimate ( if he initiates ) but sadly the ball (pun intended) is in his court.  If he doesn't start, I won't.

Please continue to reach out to me as I am planning an evening meet and greet in the Nashville area and would love to hear from you.  I also am willing to meet one on one to discuss and swap experiences.

In the meantime, I resurrect BAD Amanda every now and then because I love my husband, I adore being up close and naked with him, and he is faithful, patient and understanding.  But bringing BAD Amanda into our bedroom is neither spontaneous nor responsive - meaning she does not make an appearance spontaneously at just the thought of my hubby nor responsively to a nice dinner out, glass of wine or trip to the beach.  She must be summoned and then oblige in order to play my role as BAD Amanda.  

Life with HSDD.  Role play at it's best.  Closing act at it's worst.

44 days and counting...ADDYI

Then, husband beware.  Just in time for Halloween, BAD Amanda will make her appearance...this time for good!!

1 comment:

  1. let me know when your 'meet and greet' is and I will try my best to be there!!! counting down the days as well!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete