Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Doubting Desire?

After four long years, today is D DAY!!  D E S I R E DAY!!

We are waiting today for the FDA approval of flibanserin - or ADDYI - for low desire in women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.

Yesterday, USA Today published this article and I was disheartened and offended by the COMMENTS submitted at the end...please log on and share your thoughts!  Mostly men suggesting that filling women with tequila, buying us expensive shoes, handing us the credit card or wooing us with gifts will "do the trick".  
It is sad they think we are so shallow or empty...I for one want to remember and be an active participant in sex with my husband so alcohol is not a desire booster for me!
Monetary gifts, while nice, certainly do not make my loins tingle!
Even words of affirmation, which I adore and are my primary love language, do not "turn my brain on" to want to have sex!
If any of those quick fixes did the trick, I surely would not be championing this approval.

For some, those may work.  For me, they did not.  Thus the need for a pharmacologic option like ADDYI!

Here's to a long and desire filled fall/winter in our house!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/08/16/fda-women-low-libido/31813999/

No comments:

Post a Comment